Youth Observers Megan Lightcap and Michelle St. Francis captured a joyful moment at General Convention, when the delegates broke into song (and dance!) upon learning of the Supreme Court’s July 26 decision that makes same-sex marriage legal in all 50 United States. Also featured in their video blog are some resolution updates, and an Episcopal Church Women and Church Periodical Club event. Watch the video here.
- Protecting freedom of religion protects everyone, archbishop of Canterbury tells governments
- Episcopal leaders mourn gun deaths after Independence Day parade shooting in Chicago suburb
- RIP: Former Virginia Bishop Peter James Lee dies at 84
- Chicago cathedral warns of ‘possible closure’ if diocese sells headquarters
- Proposed $100 million budget backs new racial reconciliation initiatives; post-pandemic uncertainty looms