The House of Deputies this afternoon elected Massachusetts deputy Fredrica Harris Thompsett to a six-year term on the Episcopal Church’s Executive Council. The Executive Council is the church’s governing body between General Conventions.
- Episcopal leaders step up advocacy of Indigenous issues, including at United Nations forum
- Consecration of Chicago Bishop-elect Paula Clark set for Sept. 17
- In Australia, same-sex marriage may be left to individual dioceses
- Episcopal leaders join outcry and lament over racist rampage in Buffalo that left 10 dead
- Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont bishops to assist each other’s dioceses